7.03.2005

Rehearsals


The tour starts in less than 2 weeks.

So we've been getting much more serious about rehearsals. The first couple of days were pretty raw. Our sound guys were just getting used to the new gear that we've invested in. Better lights and better sound should make this our best tour yet.

Dr. Trash has been his old moody self lately. Nothing seems good enough. We're too edgy, not edgy enough. Too loud, too fast, out of sync. But he'll get over it. I think it's more a case of nerves. We feel like we've got a lot to prove. The '04 tour was disappointing. I mean the fan turnout was solid. Great energy everywhere we went but still something was missing. I think, looking back, our set list was too reliant on recent material. We're known for our most popular works...stuff from the early to mid 80s and of course stuff form the "Nuclear Landfill Memoirs" album.

The last day or two I've felt like we've really locked in to the old S.T. sound. My bass is creating the signature rumble over which Dr. T lays his multi-layered keyboard riffs. Markus' drums have never sounded better. I really think his rehab and weight program has helped his overall abilty to rock.

My voice feels strong. I can't wait to let it rip for real beginning on the 15th.

The set list is coming together. We probably will open with "Sandskit Skit". From there we will jack it up a bit with "Brainfreezedriedcafeinneuberheistmitvarmitparts". That has always been one of my favorites to play live. We will have a lot of material from the classics like..."Static Love", "My pain is free", "Wally Pipp for Hire" and of course "DPU-Where R U?"

Be sure to check back right here for more as we get tuned up for the tour.

Peace--KF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home