7.21.2005

Der WOK


!! MESSAGE BY ROY M. WOKOSIN !!
authenticity confirmed by government agencies

Hello Lovelies,

This is a message from wok. This being a very special morning for me, I have chosen it to announce that as of July 2003 I shall be retiring from the music business. In order to pursue a different career. And not have to do this "be on time" thing ever again.

The last recordings I will make will be (believe it or not) a track for Dolly Parton's upcoming tribute album and a track for Dr. Trash / Knarf's forthcoming album of aboriginal chants. These will be recorded in May.

In July we will be releasing a DVD of a live ST in Stuttgart Konigstraße show and documentary featuring tracks from way back like "Jumbo Shrimp", "Atheist in Parochial School" and "Lint" along with supporting tracks fom my personal heroes James Taylor and Saga. The DVD will be entitled "Goodnight, thankyou. You've been an audience."

And so ye have.

I wish here to thank everyone who has been a fan and or supporter of mine over the last twenty two years in the music business (first record at 24, deal at 27. Half o first album wrote when 15). As well as all the people whom I have had the honour of working with. Not least the great Dolly Parton herself!

Thanks to all of ye for a great time and a great education.

I would request that as of July, since I seek no longer to be a "famous" person, and instead I wish to live a "normal" life, could people please afford me my privacy. By which I mean I would like not to have exploition of my self or my name or anyone connected with me by newspapers.

And the settlers on my front lawn, would you please move next door to the Petersons' place. I also mean that (with love) I want to be like any other person in the street and not have people say there is Roy M Wokosin, aka the Wok, aka the god-like mega-Wokster who makes Roger Daltrey look like Aldo Nova! As I am a very shy person, believe it or not.


So I ask with love, that I be left in peace and privacy by people who love Situation Tranquil too. And I hope it doesn' t sound rude. It ain' t meant rude. I am glad that ye are helped by my songs. So help me too, by giving me what is best for me, a private life. And maybe a swig from your flask if you have one, I can always use that, if you have one in that case you can call me Roy. But just for the time it takes for the swigging to occur. After that we don't know each other although I will be thankful even though it may not look like it and I may hit you with my walking stick.

My advise to anyone who ever admires a so called "celebrity" if u see them in the street, dont even look at them. If u love them, then the lovingest thing u can do to show them so is leave them alone and don't stare at them! Or bang on restauraunt windows when they in there... especially if they are tenderly enjoying a fragile souffle.

Although I am not a fan of souffles. Or brussles sprouts. But I like to eat many, many other things served in restaurants that have windows. Anyway, Or make them get their picture taken, or write their names on bits of paper. That's pieces of them - albeit pieces with a potential value on E-Bay - and one day they wake up with nothing left of themselves to give.

Love, peace, and don't 4get to remain sane y'all.

* wok *


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home