7.15.2005

A Woman's View


By Wanda Verlinden

Much has been written and said over all these years about Situation Tranquil. In fact the legend has taken on a life of its own. I was there. I saw it all start. And let me tell you right now my story of ST.

It was late 1981 and we were all one big happy family. We were young, care-free and living the adventurous life in lovely Stuttgart. Beautiful gardens and fountains everywhere. Who would have thought those cute guys would one day control most of the free world. I mean that KF...what a hunk he was!! :) He was so sweet and strong and manly. Is it hot in here or just me?

Anyway. It seems like just yesterday...They would be hanging around building 3659 laughing and telling stories. The boom box would be playing Saxon or the Scorpions. KF loved Echo and the Bunnymen. I mean he had such great taste, and charming too! The way he would smile would just melt any girl's heart :-9
It seemed like there was a magic about them. You could tell they were creative and smart and fun. KF used to talk about the future. A future that I wanted to be part of. He was so dreamy.

I never dreamed they would take up music. It was like one day they just decided to make music. It was a trip to the rec center...There were guitars and drums you could use. From the moment they plugged in...It was like God himself smiled on these guys. KF especially had a gift. (he had a few gifts, I would later discover ...hehe) Oh those days. The music was like from angels. The melodies, the words. I felt like it was all written just for me.

But as time went on, and they became discovered, they started to play at parties and later at the ice rink in Esslingen, they changed. It seemed like their innocence just left them. They became more distant. Especially Dr. Trash. I never did like him much. He seemed mean and like he had no soul. Even KF stopped giving me 'attention'. I so desired his touch.

Then one day...They were gone. Just like that. I lost touch. My life moved on. I would marry, have kids and move to Idaho. Years later when I was at the market I saw those boys on the covers of Rolling Stone, Time, Men's Health, Better Homes, and Mad Magazine. They were men now.

One time I took our 'nest egg' and took the Greyhound all the way to Portland. I tried to get near the hotel. But the streets were blocked off. I went to the arena, but there were no tickets. I tried to see them when they arrived for the show. But the limo was so big and it just rushed by. I tried to get back stage. The things I had to do! Yuck. But all I got was a quick glance from KF as he came off stage. I don't think he recognized me. Whoose and they were gone. Just like that.

Now all I have are those memories from all those years ago.






2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Situ ion Tranquil,
I was searching through Blogger to see if I can find some information on Medical Information. I stumbled on your blog, as this was not quite what I was looking for about Medical Information. I did however read your blog and found it quite interesting, keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit it again.
Regards,

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best home equity loans rate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home