9.12.2005

Iggy Hangs it Up


NEW YORK (CP) - Iggy Burnett is calling it quits.

The 44-year-old guitarist announced his retirement Monday, ending a career that stretched 25 rocking seasons and produced a wicked good time for himself and fans of the band Situation Tranquil.

He called it a tough decision, because he was still healthy. But he said the fact he could leave the band in good condition also influenced his decision.

The two-time Melody Maker MVP (1990 and '92) made the announcement on a conference call Monday, the start of rehearsals.

"For me it's been a long career, I achieved a lot," he said. "There was really nothing left for me to achieve, it was just time for me to move aside and go on to something else. Plus this will give me more time to hang out with my good pal Mark Messier."

Band frontmen KF Nibla and Dr. Richard R. Trash were unavailable for comment.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't Forget! Martha's new show starts today
No, not The Apprentice, I'm talking about Martha's new daytime cooking/crafts/talk show, Martha.
Nice blog! I'm adding it to my bookmarks!

I have a Loan Til Payday site. It pretty much covers Loan Til Payday related stuff.
Come by sometime and check it out. :-)

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate Spam...why don't you all go fluff a poodle!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home